Devotion

I had learnt about it in the saintly literature
when I was studying in my school
 
So I decided to find it
 
I tried finding it in the religious festivals
I found some show off there
but I also found a lot of enthusiasm,
a lot of bliss and togetherness.
 
I tried finding it in the houses of God
I found desires there
but I also found a lot of hope
 
I tried finding it in the rituals
I found some traditions there
but I also found a lot of Faith
 
I tried finding it in the lonely prayer
I found some fear there
but I also found a lot of hope for salvation
 
I tried finding it again in the saintly literature
I found it a lot there
No matter what religious labels it had
it was there
 
I tried finding it within me
to my surprise I found it there
it was just covered in  thick layers of religion,
enthusiasm, bliss, desires, hope, rituals, faith and fear.
but it was there!  
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lesson of a woman who is no one

Always Ask Questions

And at the end I am yours