Fear

Fear- the emotion we all have for something. Mostly perceived negative. Caused by many reasons like not knowing something e.g. we get scared of sudden loud noise as we do not know what it might be, it might be caused due to self doubt like thinking that the problem is bigger than my abilities, how can I handle it? Will the consequences go out of hand?, it can be caused due to a threat for our life e.g. if I fall from here, I might die. No matter whatever one says everyone has fears. I do not think there is any one literally fearless. Brave are the people who get bigger than their fears and move ahead even after the fear tries to stop them. It is only human to have fear.
 
Fear is perceived negatively as it gives us "not so nice" feeling. It stops us from trying new things. It can give us nightmares. It deprives us from the things that we see others doing and having fun. It does not stop here,  if it becomes more it can totally take away the happiness and peace of our minds. It can turn into a psychiatric problem like anxiety, phobia. People actually need to get treated for it.
 
Some people try to use fear to discipline kids or masses. Studies show that these methods are very ineffective and the results can be positive only for a short duration. e.g. making a kid scared of something to study or from stopping him/her from doing something wrong can temporarily show results but in future, it leaves its negative mark on that child's personality, at times making him/her less confident or a person with a low self esteem.
 
Though, fear also helps us realize the danger. It in fact saves us from danger many times. When a child is told that touching fire causes burn, he/she will be scared to touch it, saving him/her from burns.
 
Not only this but fear is also a threshold between the old you and a new you. If you try to step on the other side of this threshold, you will discover a new you. Much able, stronger and free. When the baby works on its fears and leaves the hand of an adult, it discovers a new itself who can walk. It discovers that falling is not too bad because the next step will be getting up and walking without help. All by myself! When a businessman works on his fears, he takes that risk. No matter he succeeds or fails, he discovers something about himself. It can be either "I was strong enough to take that risk" or "this was a mistake. Next time I will try to do it differently"
 
The neutral mind is calm but with less possibilities. A mind with some fear will have many possibilities depending upon how the person takes it. So it is OK to be fearful at times. It is the first step to explore something new. We just want to make sure that we move beyond it. Learn about the dangers, judge the situation, make a plan accordingly and move beyond that threshold. Walk in the new room full of excitement, self worth and freedom, freedom from that fear. 
 
I have few more lines to share-
 
Dear Fear- Well Not so dear,
You stopped me from climbing that mountain
You stopped me from scuba diving
You stopped me from being an actor
You stopped me from making that deal
You stopped me from talking out that loud
You stopped me from spending money for the things I love
But then I stopped avoiding you
I started walking with you but leaving your hand on time
and now I have climbed that mountain,
I have seen beautiful oceans
I have given my autographs to my fans
I own that business
 now I speak my mind out loud
and I do all that I love
Thank you for challenging me!   
 
 
 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A lesson of a woman who is no one

Always Ask Questions

And at the end I am yours