Am I fair to myself?
I am a very fair person. I normally try to do things that are "right". Being a simple person, I know that I can not change the world but when it comes to fairness, I try to perform my duties honestly. I try to give good attention to my family. Keep my house clean. My kitchen is always a place for fresh and healthy food. At work, I take pride in whatever my little job duties are. I try to plan my finances with care. I visit temple regularly and try to carry cultural and religious identity faithfully. I try to help needy whenever possible with whatever little resources i have. I am a very fair person and that is the truth.
It was a regular morning that day. I was getting ready for work. That morning I woke up 10 minutes later than usual. I need to be more responsible. Due to my negligence and rush, I burnt one roti which I was making for our lunch. How careless I am! All this affected our morning schedule and I had to rush kids for getting ready to go to school on time. After dropping them off, I remembered that I totally forgot to give them their woolen hats! The weather is turning cold! I am such a terrible mom! I reached to work 5 minutes late! I am terrible at time management and overall work efficiency! What's wrong with me? People run big businesses with so many responsibilities! I am not even able to carry out my daily tasks without any troubles! I am such a worthless person!
To think about it again, a day before this day, I had a very long and tiring day. In spite of that I just woke up 10 minutes late. Even after this delay I started my morning chores without getting anxious. I packed everyone's lunches and got kids ready quickly. I never forget to give them healthy food and clothes appropriate for weather. Their home works are complete and back packs are up to date. I am a nice mother. If I forget few things once in a while, it is OK. There is always another day. At work, I carried out those two meetings so well and completed all the day's work without missing any thing. Being 5 minutes late did not affect the work at all. I might not be a big business tycoon but I carry out my responsibilities well.
I hardly think about myself like the third paragraph says. I say thank you to people around me without failing but I hardly appreciate my own hard work. I am too hard on myself to ignore the small mistakes. I need to learn that being kind to myself is not self pity. Nobody else has walked in my shoe and no one really knows the challenges I face. I do not have a right to compare myself to others and think myself any "less".
I need to think it over again. Am I really a fair person?
Comments
Post a Comment