Thank you for being my friend
When my feet started walking on the ground
you were the one who was around
we imitated each other and experimented with sound
we played with toys square and round
You were with me when the new school was scary
we read together about a wizard and a fairy
we raced each other to run that lap
we performed on the stage to hear people clap
we gossiped about boys, we discussed "serious" fashion
we planned our future with interest and passion
we talked endlessly and we laughed and we cried
we ventured new things which we never before tried
We are there for each other in smiles and in frowns
It has never mattered how far are our towns
You always lend a hand in sorrow and in fear
I can always count on you when I need some one to share
I hope you will be there when the last star twinkles
When I will struggle a feeble walk in all my wrinkles
I will still laugh with you when life comes towards end
and I will again tell you "thank you for being my friend".
Comments
Post a Comment