A letter to my daughters

Hello my sweeties,
 
There is no particular reason to write this to you but we always are talking about this and that, we have found the pleasure in doing nothing together, going nowhere together, so there need not have to be a reason to write a letter to you as well.
 
You both are now elementary age girls. Millennial kids. I feel like you understand so many things at such a small age but then age is only a number. People at times praise you for growing into nice young girls. They some times also say that you are growing and learning so much due to your parents, school etc.
 
There is one thing no one has told you yet though. It is not only you who are learning and growing. It is also your mother learning and growing into a parent at the same time. Good or bad is a different discussion but I am  growing as a parent for sure!
 
When you were not born, I was altogether a different person. Even though, I was not very mean, I was not completely considerate either. I took my health for granted both in work and in fun. Never got worried about sleeping late just to watch a movie or eating junk whenever I felt like. Then one day my doctor told me about you were here in me. With you, a mother in me was also conceived. For the first time, I cared this much about some one else. I changed my diet, my sleeping habits, the things I watched, the things I read. For the first time, when I accidently fell, I was not worried about the hurt I got but I was worried anticipating the hurt you might get. Dieting for good looks was out of the window. I was eating what is good for you. You were not even born and you already taught me care.
 
Once you were born, initial times were hard. Lot of physical changes happened and I was not very strong. Even after that I never cared about all that trouble at all. Before I used to say I can not function without full seven hours of night sleep. If I had to wake up early, I always complained. Now, I woke up 3-4 times during night just to check on you, feed you and to comfort you without any whining. You were so little but you already taught me compassion.
 
As toddlers, you both were so quick. You ran, jumped, fell, cried and laughed with a speed hard to keep up with. Every injury to you, those vaccination blues at doctor's clinic, you sicknesses kept me worried and also made me strong at the same time. I literally saw my heart out of my body, jumping and running around in you! You were so tiny but you already taught me love.
 
The journey is on. Now you are at school. Learning many skills and absorbing academics. We all are doing our balancing act of learning, managing time, having fun. You are also learning about people making good choices, people making bad choices around you. Learning about wisely picking your friends. Keeping yourself safe. Not fearing situations at times. Social skills and what not. You have never stopped teaching me how to take different roles and how to improve multi tasking skills.
 
This is my gratefulness blog and it can never be complete without telling you both how grateful I feel for you two to be in my life. I just hope and pray I will be a good student. I will try to learn as much as this school of parenting teaches me and I can be everything that you both need me to be as a mother!
 
We always have so much to talk about but this letter only says this much for now.
 
Love,
Mama


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lesson of a woman who is no one

Always Ask Questions

And at the end I am yours