I thought we were together

Krish and Radhika were the "ideal" couple I had ever seen. They even looked like they were made for each other. Krish was tall, dark and handsome. Radhika was pretty with a perfect smile on her face. Their friends also said that their pair was made in heavens. 

Radhika and Krish always understood each other very well. When they were together nothing else really mattered. As if the whole world did not really exist. One eye contact and one of them understood what is going on in partner's mind. Krish was always supportive of Radhika's needs in her difficult times. She found a great support in him. She knew there always will be a shoulder to lean on when she needs it. He also enjoyed being her "Mr. fix it," In great moments they always looked for each other. Their togetherness always enhanced the goodness of happy moments. Simple moments became grea when they were together. 

So everything was perfect but there were times when Krish got his lows. When he found some challenging situations, he sought Radhika for support. She was also always available by his side but whenever Krish found difficult situations a bit out of his hands he suddenly became aloof. He didn't want to do much. He did not even want to be with Radhika much. 

When it happened for the first time, Radhika really got confused. She tried talking to Krish about his sudden change in behavior. She also started doubting that Krish has lost his interest in her. Deep down in her heart she knew that it was not the case. Things became normal soon and Radhika just decided to ignore this incidence like it never happened. 

Though, when it happened again, Radhika tried talking to Krish. Krish did not seem to want to open up to her. Radhika was very concerned about him. She kept asking him if he was okay. Due to her constant nagging and due to Krish's need to be alone, they ended up in to fighting. This did not last long further. They used to love each other a lot so they just forgot about it. They both knew that hurting each other was never their choice. 

The next time, it happened again. This time they both were wiser. So they decided to talk to each other in calm manner. Radhika expressed her concern and also said that she feels left alone when Krish goes in his own world like this. Krish explained to her and said, "I some times have a lot on my plate. My personal life gets overwhelming. I can not give time and attention to so many things. I just take you for granted because I know you will understand. I can not give you attention and I am sorry if i can not make you feel special during these times. " They both listened top each other. it ended well on a happy note. 

Though, both of them felt a tinge of pain in their heart. Krish thought," I thought Radhika will understand me. I am always there for her. This was just some time where I got overwhelmed with my issues. I needed some space and all I asked her was to just understand me. She did not understand this at all. She just focused on me not paying attention to her. I thought we were together in this." 

Radhika thought, personal front? I thought, I was his personal front. What was he thinking about when he said he can't make me feel special always? I know I have been immature many times in relationship with him but am I not mature enough to not seek for special treatment always? Or does he think that I am not mature enough to understand his problems? I just want to be with him in his thick and thins. Being with him makes me feel special not some different treatment. Why doesn't he want to walk with me during his lows? I thought we were together in this. 

I know Radhika and Krish are a great couple. Things like these will not tear them apart but what went wrong? Why did they get hurt? Did they just fail to understand that men are from Mars and women are from Venus?  Even though, they are naturally attracted towards each other, they are completely aliens. Alsong with this fact, may be they also need to make peace with some more things. Like getting less influenced by ideas of love and relationships from movies and fairy tales. They probably need to understand that there are very less occasions when we meet real life villains. It is rare that some one will intentionally be unfair to you. Also, love and relationships are really simple. They are very much need based. Needs can be physical, emotional or spiritual. Love might sustain but needs change. We evolve, situations change and so do our needs change. People act and respond according to their needs. Instead of complaining about changing world of relationships, our focus should be on making the best out of each moment. Walking together is great. In this whole big world, two imperfect people can walk together to make the path less scary but at the same time it is a good idea to understand that every one has their own journey. Your own journey needs to be traveled on your own. People can be with you for a while or even till the end but the walking needs to be done on your own.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lesson of a woman who is no one

Always Ask Questions

And at the end I am yours