Why do we celebrate women’s day?

In the midst of crowded social media buzz
I was thinking the whole purpose of women’s day
Some messages talked about women’s many folds roles
And some about their empowerment 
We all know this already pretty well
Is it really the purpose to celebrate?
I think the purpose is to remind our daughters 
The greatest legacy they carry being a woman
Legacy of girls who never stopped seeking
Their own self in the middle of the darkest times
legacy of the girls who were did not get scared
to believe in their strength when no one else believed.
who fought for their rights to be treated equally
who never stopped loving in the world of hatred
who went leaps and bounds ahead of time
to find the unseen heights
we celebrate women's day
 to remind our daughters that
they have it within themselves
the strength, the beauty and the love
and they can use it everyday
to make this world beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lesson of a woman who is no one

Always Ask Questions

And at the end I am yours