A Friend I was Looking for

I was looking for a friend

to walk with with me in laughter and in pain

wherever I looked I found instead

someone busy with different priorities

someone occupied with prejudice

someone taken over by judgmental mind

many people with jealousy, comparisons and false egos. 

So I decided to be a friend instead

exactly the one I was searching for

and then I saw individuals in need 

looking for help

looking for healing

looking for support

looking for comfort

looking for just a sheer togetherness

Now I feel worthwhile

because I am a friend to others 

almost the one I was looking for

I still wish though that hopefully one day

I will be able to think wisely

to get pleasure out of the relationships 

without any strings attached

I will be without any self doubt 

to stand alone and to help others in need. 

I will be so strong that I can get strength from the universe

and never feel directionless when I feel lonely! 


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lesson of a woman who is no one

Always Ask Questions

And at the end I am yours