Is the price right?

 I was planting the seed 

thinking about tomorrow's sprout

I missed the fragrance of wet soil

and the calmness of water from the spout 


I was looking for the leaves to grow 

impatiently waiting for the green

I missed to look at the sunshine

beauty of the season remained unseen


I longed for the flowers to bloom 

when the tree grew handsome and big

I ignored the soothing leaves

didn't see the nest on the twig


I was eager to taste the fruit

hoping and worrying if it will be sweet

So I missed the scent of the flowers

and the marvel of the petals so neat


There always was a new goal ahead

when the previous one was met

I was smart enough to plan for the future

but not wise enough to enjoy what I get.  


I don't know if the prize is right

to pay for the future's goal

when the payment is all the precious moments 

that sooth one's very soul. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lesson of a woman who is no one

Always Ask Questions

And at the end I am yours