A place in my heart

 I have a place in my heart

It is a place where I spent my childhood

I know it does not exist anymore

but it  exists in my heart

just the way it was

or just the way I perceived it was 

I feel so lucky to be able to perceive it 

the way I perceived it then.

Where learning was not limited to school

learning happened while the life happened there

where I always felt safe

whether I felt I belonged 

or whether I felt I did not belong

Where I met new people

and discovered friendship

Where I celebrated festivals

and life in general

where conflicts amongst friends 

were life's big problems

where I found a part of me

that made one piece of my puzzle

called identity

I have a place in my heart

where I spent my childhood

I get to visit it once in a while

when I meet my old friends

I think we all visit it 

for the time we meet and talk 

that common place

is one of the strong reasons 

of our friendship

It is still a piece of the puzzle

called  my identity




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lesson of a woman who is no one

Always Ask Questions

And at the end I am yours